Let’s face it, we all love fall and the one thing that without fail, always comes with it…Pumpkin everything!
So while you’re sipping on pumpkin spice lattes and eating pumpkin cookies or anything else pumpkin you can get your hands on, don’t leave your pup out of all the fun!
Pumpkin is a great wholesome ingredient to feed to your dog, and makes the best dog treats! So that means this fall, or any time of the year, you can get them hooked on the pumpkin spice trend too with these 10 awesome homemade pumpkin dog treat recipes.
No matter what your dog’s preferences are, this list has you covered with easy homemade pumpkin dog treat recipes to fit every appetite!
FYI – This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Benefits of Pumpkin for Dogs
- Canned pumpkin or homemade pumpkin purée?
- How long do homemade pumpkin dog treats last?
- What is a good homemade dog treat recipe?
- What are some DIY dog treats I can make for my dog?
- Homemade Dog Treats Supplies
- Pumpkin Dog Treats Recipes
- Homemade Dog Treats with Pumpkin and Oats
- Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats
- Pumpkin Bread Dog Treats
- Pumpkin Spice Dog Treats
- Homemade Pumpkin Pupcakes
- Pumpkin Puppy Muffins
- Cranberry & Pumpkin Dog Treats
- No Bake Pumpkin Dog Treats
- Pumpkin Apple Dog Biscuits
- Banana Pumpkin Dog Treats
- Final Thoughts
Benefits of Pumpkin for Dogs
Not only do dogs love pumpkin, but it’s also good for their health. Check out these awesome benefits pumpkin provides to dogs!
- Pumpkin is great for adding volume to your dog’s food. The fiber helps keep them full without adding a lot of extra calories. You can place a tablespoon of canned pumpkin for a ¼ cup of food you feed your dog.
- Pumpkin is full of fiber which helps slow digestion and can help manage diarrhea by absorbing water.
- Pumpkin also helps with constipation due to its high fiber and water content.
- Since pumpkin slows digestion, your pet will feel fuller for longer.
- Pumpkin flesh contains vitamin A, which is important for vision health and vitamin C, which boosts the immune system.
- The zinc found in pumpkin will help improve skin and coat.
Is pumpkin good for dogs?
After seeing the long list of benefits of feeding your dog pumpkin, I’m sure you might already know the answer to this one, and it’s yes!
Pumpkin is a healthy snack that can not only be used as a fun snack, but also implemented into their regular diet to help them maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet.
Canned pumpkin or homemade pumpkin purée?
Both canned pumpkin and homemade pumpkin purée are fine for dogs and for making dog biscuits and treats.
Make sure the canned pumpkin has no added sugar or flavorings. Do not use pumpkin pie filling.
Learn how to make pumpkin puree in the Instant Pot or oven on Skinnytaste
How long do homemade pumpkin dog treats last?
It varies depending on the treat and how it is prepared. Generally, baked and frozen treats will last longer than no-bake ones. See the individual recipes for recommended use by information and storage tips.
What is a good homemade dog treat recipe?
Well, for this post, it would be one that has pumpkin as an ingredient (wink wink).
Good homemade dog treat recipes have simple ingredients that are healthy and safe for your dog. They are easy to make and taste yummy to dogs.
What are some DIY dog treats I can make for my dog?
Here are some great DIY dog treats:
- Any of the pumpkin treats in this post
- 10 Awesome Homemade Dog Treats Recipes
- 10 Awesome Homemade Frozen Dog Treats Recipes
Are you wondering “can I make homemade dog treats”?
Sure you can! It’s easy to make dog treats. The best part is they don’t have to be picture perfect. Your dog doesn’t care how treats look. Taste is what is important to your dog.
So go for it! Get the ingredients and supplies needed for making pumpkin dog treats. Have some fun and give your dog healthy treats made with love.
For your convenience, I’ve put together a handy dandy list of dog treat making supplies you can get on Amazon.
Homemade Dog Treats Supplies
Click on the link to view and purchase the product on Amazon.
- Dog Bone Cookie Cutter
- Mini Dog Cookie Cutters in Storage Tin
- Dog Paw and Bone Shape Silicone Molds
- Dog Shape Silicone Mold
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baking Sheet
- Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat
Pumpkin Dog Treats Recipes
Homemade Dog Treats with Pumpkin and Oats
Wholesome ingredients including whole wheat flour, oats, pumpkin, and peanut butter make these treats tasty and healthy for your dog.
Get the recipe: Homemade Dog Treats by Hoosier Homemade
Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats
Only 5 ingredients in this simple recipe. You can use brown rice flour to make them wheat free.
Get the recipe: Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats by Spoonful of Flavor
Pumpkin Bread Dog Treats
These healthy grain-free treats are made with organic pumpkin seed meal.
Get the recipe: Pumpkin Bread Dog Treats by Kelly Lenihan
Pumpkin Spice Dog Treats
Super easy 3 ingredient dog treats recipe.
Get the recipe: Pumpkin Spice Dog Treats by Boogie the Pug
Homemade Pumpkin Pupcakes
These dog cupcakes are great for doggy play dates, birthday parties, and fall celebrations.
Get the recipe: Homemade Pumpkin Pupcakes by Pet Coupon Savings
Pumpkin Puppy Muffins
Pumpkin, oats, whole wheat flour, Greek yogurt, and spices make these muffins a healthy and tasty treat for your dog.
Get the recipe: Homemade Pumpkin Puppy Muffins by Homemade Dog Treats
Cranberry & Pumpkin Dog Treats
Festive homemade dog treats with rolled oats and fresh cranberries.
Get the recipe: Cranberry & Pumpkin Dog Treats by Miss Molly Says
No Bake Pumpkin Dog Treats
Super easy no bake homemade pumpkin dog treats without flour or eggs.
Get the recipe: No Bake Pumpkin Dog Treats by Talent Hounds
Pumpkin Apple Dog Biscuits
An easy dog biscuit recipe with fresh apple for a healthy treat.
Get the recipe: Pumpkin Apple Dog Biscuits by The Redhead Baker
Banana Pumpkin Dog Treats
These easy homemade dog treats with pumpkin puree and banana make great cookies for dogs.
Get the recipe: Healthy Homemade Banana Pumpkin Dog Treats by Pook’s Pantry
Making homemade dog treats couldn’t be easier when you have these recipes on hand, and seeing your dog’s tail wagging with excitement as soon as they get the first sniff will make every bit of effort worth it,
Now that you have all the simple dog treat recipes you could need for the fall, all that’s left to do is decide which ones you will make first! No matter which ones you choose to make, your dog will go crazy for these fresh pumpkin dog treats.
Be sure to let me know which ones your dogs loved most!
📌 Pin this to save and share with your friends 📌