Spoil your pup and make all of these recipes for your furry friend! These are the best homemade dog treats with peanut butter you’ll ever find!
Peanut butter is a great wholesome ingredient to feed to your dog, and makes the best dog treats! So that means you can get them excited with these awesome homemade peanut butter dog treat recipes.
No matter what your dog’s preferences are, this list has you covered with easy homemade peanut butter dog treat recipes to fit every appetite!
FYI – This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Benefits of Peanut Butter for Dogs
- Best Peanut Butter for Homemade Dog Treats
- How long do homemade peanut butter dog treats last?
- What is a good homemade dog treat recipe?
- What are some DIY dog treats I can make for my dog?
- Homemade Dog Treats Supplies
- Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats Recipes
- Final Thoughts
Benefits of Peanut Butter for Dogs
Not only do dogs love peanut butter, but it’s also good for their health. Check out these awesome benefits peanut butter provides to dogs:
- Protein – Most peanut butter contains 25% protein and it provides amino acids that support a dog’s immune system and maintain and repair cells.
- Healthy Fats – Peanut butter contains healthy polyunsaturated fatty acids such as linoleic acid.
- Fiber – Fiber is essential for regulating a dog’s digestive tract. When fiber breaks down into fatty acids, it helps prevent bad bacteria from forming.
- Vitamins – Peanut butter is a great source of vitamin E and B vitamins including biotin, folic acid, and niacin.
- Minerals – Peanut butter contains magnesium, manganese, and phosphorus.
Is peanut butter good for dogs?
After seeing the long list of benefits of feeding your dog peanut butter, I’m sure you might already know the answer to this one, and it’s yes, peanut butter treats for dogs are good for them to eat.
Best Peanut Butter for Homemade Dog Treats
The best peanut butter to use for making homemade dog treats is natural, unsweetened peanut butter without salt. Dogs do not need salt, sugar, or any added emulsifiers or ingredients.
Do not use peanut butter that contains xylitol. It is an artificial sweetener that is toxic to dogs.
Most dog treat recipes call for creamy peanut butter so it’s best to keep it on hand. You sometimes can substitute crunchy peanut butter.
If you want to make peanut butter for dogs, here’s how: Add 1 cup of unsalted roasted peanuts and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to a food processor. Pulse and process that mixture until it is nice and smooth, stopping occasionally to scrape the sides.
How long do homemade peanut butter dog treats last?
It varies depending on the treat and how it is prepared. Generally, baked and frozen treats will last longer than no-bake ones. See the individual recipes for recommended use by information and storage tips.
What is a good homemade dog treat recipe?
Well, for this post, it would be one that has peanut butter as an ingredient (wink). When you are wondering how to make peanut butter dog treats, just click through this list of easy peanut butter dog treats recipes.
Good homemade dog treat recipes have simple ingredients that are healthy and safe for your dog. They are easy to make and taste yummy to dogs. They will adore these peanut butter dog treats.
What are some DIY dog treats I can make for my dog?
Here are some great DIY dog treats:
- Any of the peanut butter treats in this post
- Homemade Dog Treats Recipes
- Homemade Frozen Dog Treats Recipes
- Homemade Pumpkin Dog Treats Recipes
Are you wondering “can I make homemade dog treats”?
Sure you can! It’s easy to make dog treat recipes with peanut butter. The best part is they don’t have to be picture-perfect. Your dog doesn’t care how treats look. Taste is what is important to your dog.
All of the recipes on this list will show you how to make dog treats with peanut butter.
So go for it! Get the ingredients and supplies needed for making peanut butter dog treats. Have some fun and give your dog healthy treats made with love.
For your convenience, I’ve put together a handy dandy list of dog treat-making supplies you can get on Amazon.
Homemade Dog Treats Supplies
Click on the link to view and purchase the product on Amazon.
- Dog Bone Cookie Cutter
- Mini Dog Cookie Cutters in Storage Tin
- Dog Paw and Bone Shape Silicone Molds
- Dog Shape Silicone Mold
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baking Sheet
- Silpat Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat
Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats Recipes
Making homemade dog treats couldn’t be easier when you have these recipes on hand, and seeing your dog’s tail wagging with excitement as soon as they get the first sniff will make every bit of effort worth it,
Now that you have all the simple dog treat recipes you could need, all that’s left to do is decide which ones you will make first! No matter which ones you choose to make, your dog will go crazy for these peanut butter dog treats.
Be sure to let me know which ones your dogs loved most!
Find lots more dog treat recipes here on Spoiled Hounds!
📌 Pin this to save and share 📌