Looking for the best treats for whippets? Check out this list of over 75 dog treats recommended by whippet owners to get and give your dog.
Do you have a picky puppy? Or maybe you are worried about the best dog treats for their health. Either way, whippet owners, this guide is for you! These are the best dog foods you can give your furry friends at any life stage.
These treats might apply to any dog breed, but since my fur babies are whippets, I wanted to share good dog treats specifically for them.
To compile this list, I reached out to people in the North American Whippet Association group. As always, if your dog has health issues, please contact your veterinarian before introducing new food.
I split this list up into easy sections. Browse it and I hope you find some good snacks for dogs on this list.
FYI – This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Best Crunchy Dog Treats
First, let’s look at the best dog biscuits that you can buy. Some of the choices on this list are for adult size dogs and others will be fantastic for younger pups.
The best thing about crunchy treats is that they help your dog brush their teeth. As they munch on the treats, it scrapes plaque off the dog’s teeth.
These are the most popular dog treats that whippets will enjoy too.
- Alpo Snaps
- Blue Buffalo Health Bars Apple & Yogurt
- Blue Buffalo Health Bars Pumpkin & Cinnamon
- Buddy Biscuits
- Charlee Bear Turkey Liver Cranberry
- Costco Chicken and Apple Rounds
- Fromm Crunch O’s
- Greenies – great for
- Honest Kitchen Cod and Blueberry Crisps
- Milk Bone Minis
- Milk Bone Trail Mix
- Natural Balance Limited Ingredient Treats
- Natural Balance Mini Rewards
- Newman’s Own Peanut Butter Biscuits
- Newman’s Own Turkey & Sweet Potato Biscuits
- Old Mother Hubbard Biscuits
- Old Mother Hubbard Liver Crunch
- Open Nature Biscuits (Safeway store brand)
- Red Barn Bully Nuggets
- Three Dog Bakery
Best Soft Dog Treats
Both smaller and older dogs that have trouble with crunchy treats will enjoy these soft ones. Most of them on this list is great for a whippet puppy – just make sure they can handle solid foods first.
Many of the best chew treats for dogs on this list are made with some kind of protein – whether it is chicken meal or some other source of real meat. They are made with the best ingredients – some even have some sweet potatoes in them.
Check out this list of the best treats for dogs who enjoy softer textures.
- Ark Naturals Sea Mobility
- Blue Wilderness Snake River Stix
- Cloud Star Biscuits
- Full Moon Treats Chicken Nuggets
- Happy Howie’s Meat Roll
- Merrick Duck Sausage
- Merrick Power Bites Real Rabbit and Sweet Potato
- Mosaic Gourmet Treats – Great for dogs with food allergies
- Spot Farms
- Trader Joe’s Better Than Leftovers and Salmon Soft Treats
- Wellness Soft Puppy Bites Lamb and Salmon Recipe
- Ziwi Peak Venison Green Tripe
- Zukes Links
Best Dehydrated Dog Treats
Dehydrated dog treats are wonderful if your whippet likes to chew. The main ingredient in many of the options on this list is meat protein.
Dehydrated sweet potatoes have lots of vitamin C, which is wonderful for your dog’s immune system.
- Bare Bites Dehydrated Beef Liver
- Dehydrated Chicken
- Dehydrated Duck Feet – Read more about dogs and duck
- Dehydrated Liver – Read more about dogs and liver
- Dehydrated Sweet Potatoes
- Lucky Premium Treats Dehydrated Apple Rings
Best Freeze-Dried Dog Treats
If your pet is on a raw diet, then freeze-drying is a safe option that is still considered raw, since it isn’t cooked.
This meat is one of the best food you can give your whippet. They are high in fatty acids and have a texture that reminds dogs of their favorite chew toys.
- Freeze Dried Beef Heart
- Freeze Dried Beef Spleen
- Freeze Dried Beef Trachea
- Freeze Dried Carp Eyeballs
- Freeze Dried Carp Skins
- Freeze Dried Chicken
- Freeze Dried Chicken Giblets / Gizzards
- Freeze Dried Duck Necks
- Freeze Dried Lamb
- Freeze Dried Lung
- Freeze Dried Liver
- Freeze Dried Minnows
- Freeze Dried Salmon
- Freeze Dried Turkey
- Freeze Dried Turkey Hearts
- Remy’s Kitchen Freeze Dried Beef
- Sojo Simply Freeze Dried Meat Treats
- Stella and Chewy Beef Liver
- Stella and Chewy Wild Weenies
- Vital Essentials Freeze Dried Beef
Best Dog Jerky Treats
As a dog owner, sometimes you really want to share your food with your friend. Thankfully, jerky is one of the healthiest dog treats you can give them.
These are the best dog snacks that you can eat too.
Best Human Treats for Dogs
Anyone with whippet puppies knows how cute they are when they beg to share your food. Unfortunately, human food isn’t one of the safest dog treats to share. It usually has too many calories, salt, or sugar, to be good for dogs.
There are still a few different things you can share with them, in small amounts. The important thing to remember is to always give them plain, whole foods. Avoid anything salted, fried, or covered in sugar.
These are the human foods that make good dog treats for dogs too.
- Animal Crackers – Read more about dogs and animal crackers
- Cheerios – Read more about dogs and Cheerios
- Cheese and String Cheese
- Dry Pasta
- Fruit – Read more about fruit dogs can eat
- Raw Chicken Feet – also helps to keep dog’s teeth clean
- Raw Chicken Wings – great for dogs on a raw diet
- Sardines – Read more about dogs eating fish
- Vegetables – Read more about vegetables dogs can eat
- Baked Sweet Potato Slices
- Broccoli Stems
- Bell Peppers – Read more about dogs and bell peppers
- Cabbage Cores
- Green Beans
Best Homemade Dog Treats
In addition to dry dog food, one of the best natural dog treats is something you make yourself at home.
When you make it yourself, you know it’s going to be a taste treat! It’s a good idea to make your own too because you can control how sweet, crunchy, or soft you make it.
These are the best healthy dog treats that are perfect for small animals like your little whippet.
- 3 Ingredient Dog Treats
- Banana Dog Treats
- Blueberry Dog Treats
- Dog Donuts
- Dog Treats for Bad Breath
- Oatmeal Dog Treats
- Satin Balls for Dogs
How To Introduce New Food To Your Dog
As always, if you have any questions about your dog’s health, please contact your veterinarian.
Whenever you introduce something new to your pet, it’s a good idea to introduce it slowly first. Watch for allergic reactions. The most common signs of food allergies are itching, coughing, or trouble breathing.
You should also look at the first ingredient in dog food. The important thing is to make sure that the healthy treats you are giving them match up with their current diet.
Finally, it’s important to remember that a healthy dog – especially a whippet – needs enough exercise. Treats are still treats, even if they are made with whole meats. Moderate how many treats you give them and make sure they are getting enough healthy food and exercise.
I hope you enjoyed this huge list of the best treats for whippets! Whether you are looking for the best dog training treats or you just wanted to find some popular dog treats to try out, I’m sure you will find something on this list.
📌 Pin this to save and share 📌